Single Tooth Implant Restorations have replaced the traditional 3-unit bridge as the treatment of choice for single missing teeth.
With a 3-unit bridge, 2 healthy teeth on either side of the space have to be reduced in preparation for a set of 3 connected crowns to be placed over them, with the middle crown filling the missing tooth’s space. With a single implant, the adjacent teeth are not damaged.
Single tooth implants are now the preferred choice of treatment. We offer a variety of dental implant services, so make an appointment to learn what the best option is for you.
Single Tooth Implant Restoration vs 3-Unit Bridge
- No alteration of healthy teeth
- Easy to clean and floss just like natural teeth
- No chance of future decay
- Looks and feels like a natural tooth, as it emerges from the gum tissue
- Initial cost slightly higher, long-term cost likely lower
- Reduction of healthy teeth adjacent to space
- Require special tools for hygiene maintenance
- Risk of future decay
- Less natural appearance, as it sits on top of the gum line
- Initial cost slightly lower, long-term cost likely higher
1800 Rockaway Avenue
, NY 11557
(516) 243-8918(516) 243-8918